2004-09-24

Configuring special laptop keys on Linux

I upgraded to Fedora Core 2 a while ago, but haven't taken the time to get LinEAK up and running again before today. It's been a couple of years since I last did it and I had forgotten most of it.

LinEAK has support for Dell inspiron according to it's documentation and since my initial configuration didn't work anymore, I tried to use the following command:

lineakd -c DI8K

This generates the lineakd.conf file needed. I didn't get it to work so I google'd a bit and found some hints. I included the special configuration for Inspiron 8500 and run the command again. YES !!! One step further, but the old commands for mute, volumeUp, volumeDown wouldn't work. I had used EAK_MUTE, EAK_VOLUP, EAK_VOLDOWN. This didn't work so I looked at the next google hit and voila... All special keys up and running.

No comments: